.W.E.L.C.O.M.E.

This is going to be a self awareness blog consisting of recipes, talk about workout, and inspirational ideas. I am leaving it open to the public because I hope it will become useful tool for others, and I really hope to meet like minded people to talk about this stuff with! Jump right in reading, or start at the introduction.  Again, welcome. 


Sunday, June 13, 2010

The key to savory oatmeal

eureka I've got it! I should totally post a picture of my creation but its not very pretty right now, maybe next time :) when I plate it up all on purpose. right now its in a tupperware!

savory oatmeal, ive blogged about it before it has become an obsessive passion. its quick its super tasty and i like to believe its not too horrible for me ;) I made myself oat milk when I was sick, didn't even realize they sell the stuff? oatmeal, its my purest form of comfort food from childhood.

the key... wait for it... is GARLIC. yes garlic and oatmeal.

variations of the last week:
spring salad mix, hoison, garlic
Kale, onion, hoison, garlic
miso, asparagus <- not so great until I added the garlic!

the bottom line, as long as you got a veggie and a garlic your oatmeal will be fantastic. I am particular to the leafier veggies, like kale or the spring salad mix (you know the one with spinach and dandelion?) what i generally do is cook up the oatmeal and sauce and keep it in the tupperware in my fridge. When a snack attack hits, I heat it up a second time all microwave style, and mix in the fresh leafies, they wilt while *I* enjoy!

bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment