.W.E.L.C.O.M.E.

This is going to be a self awareness blog consisting of recipes, talk about workout, and inspirational ideas. I am leaving it open to the public because I hope it will become useful tool for others, and I really hope to meet like minded people to talk about this stuff with! Jump right in reading, or start at the introduction.  Again, welcome. 


Monday, January 25, 2010

Sunday-Scapades

I baked baked baked all Sunday. I am not usually a baker, but I'm starting to love "healthy" baking because I can substitute and edit recipes. Anyone who knows me, will tell you- I cannot follow instruction :-P

Protein oatmeal bars (these are a work in the making) 

3.5 cups quick oats
1.5 cups powered non-fat milk
5 scoops vanilla protein powder 
1/2 cup sugar free maple syrup
1/2 cup maple syrup
8 oz silken tofu
1/4 cup fruit juice
2 egg whites
2 cups chocolate chips
bake 40 minutes at 325 *F 
makes: 18 bars in a 9x12

I edited the recipe I found on eHow a lot, and it still needs some work. I didnt like using sugar free maple syrup, because the ingredients list is horrendous (length and content). So I compromised, because the real maple syrup ups the calories like crazy. This recipe should yield close to 200 calories, 12 g protein, 20 g carbohydrates, 1.5 g fat for each bar. In the picture, I used old fashioned oats, I changed the recipe to reflect my lesson :)

Banana Fun Clumps (my own creation) 

3 bananas, mashed
1/3 cup vegetable shortening 
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup chopped prunes
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup chocolate chips
 20-25 minutes at 350 *F 
makes: about a 20 depending on the size 

Let the dough sit for ~30 minutes before you start to form the balls. I balled up about 1/2-1 inch size balls and lightly patted them down. I covered the cookie sheet with aluminum foil. 


Now, none of these fit into my new semi macro diet (though the cookies are vegan) so I didn't keep any. I am going to hot yoga tonight to help purify what is ailing me. I think I remember Brikram is an Indian form of yoga, done in a sauna. It helps your body sweat and eliminate toxins. I like it a lot but I haven't had time to get into it regularly. There is a local place running a new years special- "20 dollars unlimited 2 weeks yoga". So I am going to hit that up! I might try a "detox" massage on Wednesday I will keep all of you updated as it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment